7.29.2011

today is my day

Today is MY day!  I am ready to get this under control and be the healthiest that I can be.  

I was embarrassed...
My boss was telling me a story yesterday and man... These guys I work with SUCK at having the right thing to say at the right time.  Yesterday was not the day for the boss to pretty much tell me that I was FAT!  I mean... I know I am, and I am doing a lot about it.  Ok so the short version of the story... Boss saw me in my running clothes and asked if I was running to KEEP in shape!  I sorta chuckled and said well yeah, but really I am running to LOSE WEIGHT.  The "keep in shape" will come after I lose the weight.  He then went on to totally change the subject and talk about this woman he knew a long time ago.  He saw her recently and didn't recognize her because she had lost so much weight.  Then he tells me that she had some type of weight loss surgery.  What?! He said "She was a BIG girl... bigger than you" Then he started stumbling around for words.  I just told him to continue with his story and forget about it.  He kept apologizing and saying he shouldn't have said that.  I knew he didn't mean anything by it.  It wasn't that he said anything that bothered me... it was that he noticed!  He noticed the amount of weight that I have gained in the 3 years I have been working for him and not once has he ever made a comment about it until today.  It just stung a little.  I am over it now, but not so over it that i don't plan to do something about it.  

You see... the thing is... My awesome husband, Chris, he loves me unconditionally!  He doesn't care what I look like as long as I am happy with myself.  Well... He is extremely supportive of my efforts while he is eating his oreo cookies. You see what i'm dealing with??? Haha! He is very supportive of my efforts but still buys the "BAD" stuff!  I don't need that stuff in my house at all.  My willpower is... well isn't much at all!  

I am ready for a lifestyle change!  So... here we go!

Beginning Weight (Two months ago): 239.8
Today's Weight: 234.6
Results: Down 5.2 lbs
YaY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, that is awesome that you are down 5.2 pounds!!!!!!! YEAH!!! We can do this! And man. I would have been embarrassed to. I know he didn't mean anything by it, but still - just the way it came out! Yikes! I am sure that stung but not to worry - you got this!!!

    My husband is super supportive, too, & loves the way i look! But he definitely eats fattening foods all the time! Thankfully it's mostly stuff that i don't care for - not as tempting for me! :)

    ReplyDelete