8.11.2011

best.idea.EVA!!!

I had such a good day today!  I have been rushing in the mornings, so i really don't have time to make breakfast. I usually grab a EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shake and that fills me up until it's time for lunch. Lunch rolled around and I had to run a few errands so I ran into Whole Foods to grab a sandwich. Best sandwich and I don't even remember the name!!! ;(  I just don't even want to know the nutrition facts.  Anyway... My dinner last night was so yummy and I think it is super good for me, but that is still up in the air. I am going to figure out the EXACT amount of ingredients today.

You all know my girl Melissa. Well after bootcamp she suggested we go to Paradise Smoothies.  A friend of hers had mentioned this smoothie to her a while back and she had been wanting to try it.  We walked in and Mel starts talking to the owner about this smoothie that we want to try. She is naming off some of the ingredients and he stops her and says "You want The Allison". We both kind of looked at each other and were like ... ummm we guess. Given the ingredients that were in it we weren't too sure if it was going to be a hit with us.  I asked if he had a money back guarantee... he laughed. Ha! Anyway... Del, the owner, is so awesome!!! The nicest guy ever!!! Ready to hear what is in this FANTASTIC concoction? Are you sure??? Ok... well do me a favor first. Promise me you won't knock it until you try it!  I almost wrote it off after I found out what was in it.  BIG MISTAKE!!!

Ingredients:
Avocado
Broccoli
Carrots
Cucumber
Kiwi
Pineapple
Spinach
Squash
A small amount of honey
Whey Protein
2 oz. Vanilla Soy Milk
2 oz. 100% Pineapple Juice
A splash of Boost Kiwi Juice
12 oz Ice





Can you say YUM??????

This is me and Mel last night after bootcamp!  Sarah really kicked our butts last night!!!

So... the hubs was waiting for me at home so we could go to town to buy a lawn mower. Urgh... I guess because it is a pretty big purchase I needed to be there. Well I am so glad I was.  I don't like to haggle with people. I don't ask for anything... usually!  Well we were trying to buy a lawn mower and I really wanted the pull behind wagon to go with it.  I wanted the plastic John Deere pull behind wagon that matched with the lawn mower we were about to purchase. Well... I asked and guess what???? He threw it in for FREE!!!! I saved $199 last night all because I asked. That little guy was so nice.  I did have to persuade him to throw it in for free, but it didn't take much at all.  Katelyn was with me and she helped too. The hubs and Ben walked off because they didn't want any part of it.  I can say I was a little red faced after it was all over with, but only because I don't normally act like that. But WOOHOO I got a free trailer to match my new lawn mower all because I was willing to ask!  Go Me!!!! ;)

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! Love it! You told this story a lot better than i did! LOL. That was awesome! I really wanted to post the pic w/ him in it, but he had said he didn't want to be in a pic or something so i refrained LOL! But he was SO nice! I love people like that! I can't believe how good that was!

    So cool about the lawn mower thing too!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo not true! You are nutZ! I am not a writer AT ALL!!! Just feel like i am throwing up on the page when I type. Oh... tomorrow I will blog about my nutZo cursed car! Stay tuned... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you with Melissa here and those drinks actually look amazing!

    ReplyDelete