8.15.2011

Is She Really Cursed? lol

Who is the "she" I am referring to?  My car!  No I don't normally give my vehicle it's own personality, but I feel it is fitting in this case. You see it began in May... I went through a lot of effort to find exactly what I was looking for and in my price range.  The dealership had to get the car shipped in from another town which is about an hour and a half away from where I work.
Below is the day I picked her up from the dealership.  Isn't she pretty? LOL

Within two weeks I had Safelite Auto Glass come to my office to repair TWO chips in the windshield. :(

At around 1 month Katelyn and I were minding our own business in the local Academy parking lot when this chic backed into me out of no where!
I filed a claim right away with my insurance company.  The cop that came out said that it was pretty much my word against hers because we were on private property.  and the fight begins...

So about a week later I am minding my business driving to work and out of no where i hear this LOUD POP!
See that little hole?  Yeah well when the Safelite guy came out he said it looked like a bullet. Hummmm I may have believed that for a minute (maybe longer), but I know better.  Anyway... I was able to get a discount for being a frequent customer. LOL... $280 later (window and replacement tint) I am back to only a dent and waiting for the insurance company to come out and assess the damage their insured did to my car.
They finally made it out on July 5th to complete their estimate. It was my turn. I was in a hurry to get her fixed, but just knew it was going to be a long drawn out process.  I faxed the estimate to my shop of choice (big mistake) and waited for them to call me to say the parts are in and I can drop her off for repair.
July 25th I put her in the shop thinking it would take a week at the most given the little amount of damage. NOT!!!!

The nightmare begins...
I have been round and round with this girl's insurance company. Whatever you do... USAgencies is sooooooo NOT the way to go!  They are a huge headache to deal with. 
I kept close tabs on what was going on because I wanted my car back... besides they gave me a hatchback to drive.  Cody is VERY tall... driving that thing with all of my kids was torture. Anyway... Myself and the guy that was in charge of my car at the collision center were both leaving messages with the adjuster because they didn't approve enough work. urgh... no return call!!!! Well... I decided it was time to get to the bottom of this poor customer service. I managed to get my hands on the email address and phone number of the adjuster's supervisor. I sent a very detailed and lengthy email to the adjuster as well as her supervisor. That is when things started falling into place. Finally... some progress is being made. I mean this car sat in the shop for days with nothing being done all because the insurance company wouldn't go out and approve a claim (which I was told they had 24-48 hrs to do so).

So finally on Thursday August 11th I get the call that my car is ready to be picked up. YippEE!!!! I drop that crazy lil clown car off and head to the shop to pick my girl up!  Ha!  They bring her around and I am all giddy. The hubs is looking at me like I am nuts!  Yeah I might be just a little obsessed with this car. Anyway... thank goodness he was with me because i immediately notice something hanging down in the front under the bumper. So he brings it to someones attention. They pull it around back and put in some clips they forgot. (oops... rolling my eyes already)
I get home later that evening and notice two things... Keep in mind that my girl is brand spanking new... no blemishes what so ever!!!! So in the first pic below you see a tiny blemish. I only notice this because after the accident there was a chip of paint missing. Looks to me like the collision center only filled it in with paint. It is rough as all get out!!!

In the below pic you will see the chrome molding bent.  They took the entire right side of my car apart to paint it (supposedly) and when they went to take the molding off looks like they bent it. 

I am so annoyed. So I sent a very long and detailed email to the guy handling my car at the collision center.  The email explained my frustrations as well as ALL of the issues I expected to be taken care of in a timely manner. There were 7 issues that needed to be addressed... and counting  These two are just the ones I was able to get pictures of.
1. The poor paint job on the side
2. The bent chrome
3. They took a piece of paint off the door frame when removing the molding
4. They hooked the airbag up in reverse... strange.
5. The rear bumper (which they removed and repainted) has spots of grey where the paint didn't adhere
6. The license plate is missing a screw. What?!?!
7. There are tiny white paint markings on the passenger front window.

Now... all of this might seem petty to you, but this is my car and I take pride in the things I own and pay for!  I had a brand new car prior to the accident and I expected one returned to me.  I didn't expect to have to do a quality control inspection myself.  I had a lot of faith in this collision center and they ruined that!  So... today my girl is back in the shop, and I am driving a rental (courtesy of AllStar Toyota Collision Center).  Not sure how long she will be there but man I miss her already. LOL

I am done with my rant for the day. Tell me do you think she is cursed? 




1 comment:

  1. Haha! It seems that way but hopefully that is not the case! Sorry you have had so much trouble though! Hopefully you get a brand new baby girl back SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete