8.19.2011

Dietitian - Recap

So... I asked my dreaded question. The dietitian looked at me like I was silly! LOL... Yeah I know it was a silly question and I totally deserved it!

Anyway my appointment went like this...
It was basically a "Get to Know You" appointment. We didn't go into great detail about anything besides my current eating habits which aren't as bad as they could be. Kate, the dietitian, asked me a ton of questions like what I expect to get out of the visit, how active am I, what are my long term goals.  You see... I don't so much care about being skinny!  I would like to be healthy.  I don't want diabeties & I am certainly ready to get rid of IR.  When I told Kate that I stopped taking my medicine she fussed. Well... really she didn't just fuss... she kept going on and on and on about how important it is for me to take my meds. OK!!! I get it!!! I am going to start taking the meds. (I started back last night) Next we went over a meal plan. She cut my calorie intake to 1500 calories a day.  Which is going to be a walk in the park.  The only thing is that I have been focusing on carb control this whole time. (She knows I am IR) When I mentioned the low carbs she wasn't so concerned about it.  She was more concerned about me getting back on my meds, and in some type of routine as far as my meals go.  She wants to see me back in three weeks to make sure things are going well and said we would talk about the carbs then.  She didn't want to stress me out too much with carb counting. But... I am already focusing on low carbs. So what I decided to do is use the meal plan she gave me and focus on low carb. I think that will help. Hopefully I will start seeing some results soon because this week my weight is up.  I know it has something to do with me and my stupidity (i.e. no meds).

Anyway... You all (me too) should be happy to know that I am now back on my meds thanks to the comments I received as well as Kate's lecturing. ;) 

Ready to see some results!  Oh... and a tiny bit sad because Mel and I are going to be missing bootcamp on Saturday.  It is for a great cause though... we are attending a conference at a local church. I can't wait!!!!

  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber - I think what you have in mind sounds like a good solution. For some people it takes a while (I've heard 3-4 months) for the metformin to kick in, so give it time.

    Focusing on watching the carbs is always a good idea for anyone who is insulin resistant. Make sure you're getting plenty of protein too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still going to watch the carbs. Glad she fussed at you about the meds. HA! I actually wasn't sure about that but glad you are getting back on them since they're necessary!

    I hated missing bootcamp! But the conference was worth it! I should have sat with ya'll today! I'm 10 years older than the girls by me today! HA! Sorry i didn't hang w/ ya'll more. Glad i got to meet Christy. See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete