8.08.2011

My Birthday Weekend

My birthday weekend started off wonderful!!! On Friday (my actual birthday) I got a call from a friend, Rhonda, asking me to meet her in my parking lot at work. I walked outside and out of her car she stepped with this (from Rhonda and my BFF Cristy)...
What a great surprise!!!

Then I got home and you know the cake I was complaining about my hubs not getting for me??? Well...
I cut into it before realizing I needed to take a pic!  This cake should have lasted forever... but with 5 people in my house it didn't.  I had two slices... and boy were they worth every single calorie!!! I mean it... they were really worth it!!! One piece was my dinner, and the other was dinner last night.

Saturday I feel like I ran all day. 
I was supposed to get up and run 5 miles.  I got up at 5am, turned my phone on and realized Cristy wasn't going to make it so I went back to bed thinking I would get up to go to bootcamp. Ummmm wrong. I forgot to reset my alarm.  I fell back asleep and slept until 9:30. Katelyn had to sell Pastalaya dinners for her high school Softball team, so she had to be at the school for 10. I ran her to school, went back home picked Cody up, got a call from Kate needing me to bring her something she forgot... so I went back to the school, then Cody and I went to Hammond (15 miles away)to get some school things. Rushed home to get Benjamin and his friend to take them to Hammond for a movie. Rushed back home to eat a little lunch and be back at the school for 2. The team was having a scrimmage against themselves, then after that they were going to play the alumni, then after that they were having a hit-a-thon.  We made it home for 6:30 that night... completely exhausted.  Being out in the sun for that long completely drained all of my energy.  I do believe it was 100+ on Saturday.  Oh... and I totally forgot the sunscreen.  What a dweeb!!! ;)

Here's a pic of the softball team. (Very blurry)
They were so tired after such a long day. They decided to get WET!  They found plastic and rolled it out, put a hose on it and well... there you go a homemade slip n slide. Yes we are from the country! hehehe

Sunday the hubs had me up bright and early. We went to the hot air balloon show with his brother and sisters & all of the kids. Well... Ben was the only one of our kids that would get up and go so early.  The dreaded alarm went off at 4:45am. Urgh... But it was worth it! 


This one landed so close to us.  The kids got an up close and personal view. These are my peeps in the pic. My lil Ben there in the white hat trying to put his shoes on. He was laying down trying to go back to sleep. LOL

After the sun finally came up we decided it was time to go (it's about 7:15am). We went to Coffee Call and had beignets and cafe au lait. YuM!!!!!!
When we got home it was time to clean up!!! We had so much to do.  Chris cleaned the outside of the house while I cleaned inside.  I love love love to listen to music while I clean so I cranked it up and danced my way to clean the living room.
We finally finished cleaning and had to take Kate to a travel softball team tryout. Man this kid keeps us busy!!! She hasn't really played ball in about a year in a half because she had back surgery... twice (another blog later). It was so hot!!! She was so mad at herself because she didn't do as well as she thought she could have.  She will get it back... She is AWESOME at what she does! 
My weekend ended with a BIG OLE Burger from Five Guys!  It was so delicious.  I managed to keep my calorie intake below what it was supposed to be for the day too.  That burger was so darn big and came in at a whopping 900 calories.  WOW... I didn't eat lunch though so I was pretty hungry.

Now that I have bored you to death... Toodles Peeps!

“If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers.” - Edgar Watson Howe

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, i wanted to go to the balloon festival,but i didn't realize it was here until too late! I do that every year! Maybe next year?!

    WOAH, that cake looks amazing & GIRL - i love beignets!! :) Glad you had a good bday weekend!

    ReplyDelete