8.08.2011

The Dreaded First Day of School

My kids started school on Friday.  Cody is a Junior this year, Katelyn is a Sophomore & Benjamin is in 5th (his first year in middle school).  The school year is always a little rough for my family.  Every last one of us are NOT... i repeat... ARE NOT morning people.  We like our sleep!  So our morning usually goes something like this...
  • I hit the snooze button on my phone about 5 times.  I thought I would change the "wake up" tone and maybe it would help... ummmmm not even close.  The song is so pretty that I just really like to listen to it over and over again.  (Walk on Water by Britt Nicole)  
  • I slowly crawl out of bed and mosey my way into Katelyn's room. I usually have to tap on her for a few minutes to get her to move a little.
  • Then I make my way into the boy's room.  This is where I end up having to jump on the bed to get any sort of actual movement.  These boys are dead to the world. hehehe
  • Now it is time to wake the husband up.  I joked about my alarm clock going off so much.  Oh goodness gracious alive!!!! This man will let his extremely loud and annoying alarm clock go for days.  I practically have to jump him to make him turn it off.
  • Now that I have everyone up and sort of moving there is usually some sort of argument over who is taking too long in the bathroom, or where all the school clothes are. (I know... I really should have a plan and have these things taken care of before we go to bed, but it never works out that way)
  • We are all up and out of bed by 6ish... and out the door at 7 sharp! This takes practice to be able to get this gang up and out the door in one hour.  I do believe I have perfected the Gainey wake up!!! Thank you, Thank you... I will take a bow now. ;) 
  • That is pretty much it. Oh wait... I forgot to mention before we even think about getting in the car to head to school they all argue over who is sitting in the front. (New plan this year... One week at a time/per kid)


This is Ben on his first day of Kindergarten (2006). ;( Time sure goes by quick!!! 

Wish me luck with this new school year!  I am sure going to need it!

"Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life."~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment