8.16.2011

Grilled Chicken Salad & yet another fail...

Monday - Dinner:
This is a super special day... at least my kids would say.  You see... I don't cook all that often.  I get home late most evenings and my hubs usually has dinner cooked. Well last night I was in the mood for salad. I had seen Melissa's post yesterday with her salad pictures and decided I needed salad. 

Amber's Grilled Chicken Salad:

It comes in around 500 calories, 27 grams of Protein, 13 Carbs & 28 grams of Fat. I could have done without the avocado, but just wanted some good fat! 

Ingredients:
1/2 Avocado, sliced
1/4 cup - Cucumbers, cubed
6 - Grape Tomatoes
1 - Hard Boiled Egg, sliced
1/4 cup - 2% Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup - Romaine Lettuce
1 tablespoon - REAL bacon bits
2 - Large olives, sliced
4 - Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup - Grilled Chicken Breast, sliced
1 tablespoon - Reduced Fat Ranch Dressing (to dip my fork in)

TALK ABOUT DELICIOUS!!!!



Fail...
So I finally had time to calculate the nutrition facts for the Allison.  I am so disappointed. I should have known that something so darn good would be so darn bad for me!!!  You see... I am insulin resistant. So... carbs (a lot) are a no no for me. Here are the results... I am so sad! 
THE ALLISON'S NUTRITION FACTS:
Calories: 463
Fat: 10
Carbs: 87!!!!!
Fiber: 29 
Protein: 27

I guess this means no more Allison for me! :( 
It's a sad sad day in Amberland!

2 comments:

  1. I really do not believe that. There is just no way!!!!!

    But your salad looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you work out the nutrition facts on that smoothie? It can't be right.... can it?!

    Your salad looks great, and the avocado is absolutely fine, it's healthy fat!

    ReplyDelete